This small article focuses on news and announcement on external sharing for Microsoft 365. Here goes:
- The sharing interface we know and love is now coming to Teams and Outlook. Making it an integral experience;
- When you want to forward a link to information from Outlook, but the new recipient doesn’t have access – then you will get two (yes: 2) notifications which will warn you;
- Block download option is already available for anonymous links. But it will now become available for “specific people” and for more then just Office files (PDF and more – from 2020);
- You can now “request files”. Without giving people access to the entire content, you can have people add content to a specific container. The recipient gets a notification and is able to upload the content. Cool stuff!
- From PowerPoint (Online) you can now send a link to a specific slide! Cool!
- Reply back to a comments made in an Office document, just from Outlook;
- You can now set how the address bar link works when this is copy/pasted;
- External/guest users can be enabled for MFa (not quite new this though….);
- External/guest users initial access is done using a verification code;
- External users can now expire!!! Great. Do note the yellow bar at the site. This is for the site-admin, notifying him/her that there’s external users how are about to expire.
- You can set the default sharing link based on a site, instead of the tenant level;
- The same goes for the default external sharing link duration, which can now also be set on specific document libraries;
- And to end it off: admin-reports (Excel) for external access.
This is really, really great news!!